Product DescriptionThe Shaws Square inset undermount sink is perfectly suited for vegetable preparation and general use on island or peninsular benches. The classic styling is suited to both traditional and modern kitchens.
All Shaws sinks are manufactured using the same process from the past 120 years. Each sink is double glazed for both heat and impact resistance and will stand the test of time. The durable finish is resistant to cracking, chipping, staining and eliminates odours and bacteria.
- Individually handmade by a Master Craftsman
- Designed and Manufactured in Lancashire, England sine 1842
- Stamped for authenticity
- Solid, dense fireclay – no hollow walls
- Thick dual enamel coating for exceptional strength, shine and durability
- Extremely robust, antibacterial and both stain and acid resistant
- Includes polished chrome basket strainer
- Overall Dimensions: L460 x W460 x H191mm
- Internal Bowl Dimensions: L379 x W379 x H166mm
- Weight: 30kg
- Installation Type: Undermount/Exposed Front
- Material: 100% Fireclay
- Overflow: Yes- round
- Waste Outlet: 90mm
- Lifetime Warranty
- All dimensions are in mm. Dimensions may vary by up to plus or minus 2%; we recommend that customers do not cut out work surfaces or units until they have taken delivery of their sink. Because all our fireclay sinks are handmade using traditional methods, they are 100% unique. Slight variations in the finish from one sink to the next add character and are in keeping with the way these sinks have been made for the past 100 years.
- Use flexible sealant in areas where your Shaws sink joins a bench top to allow for expansion.
- When installing a basket strainer or sink drain/waste, please clean each surface with mineral turpentine and apply a sufficient amount of silicone sealant around the metal waste before fixing in place. This ensures a tight seal to prevent water from draining under the flange when the sink is filled. After tightening, be sure to clean any excess silicone from around the waste before it dries.
- As Shaws sinks are a handcrafted product, we recommend your kitchen fitter is made aware of our product dimension variance of +/- 2% and that no work surfaces or cabinets are cut before measuring your sink.
- Due to the weight of our sinks, we also recommend a specialist kitchen fitter installs your sink and that it is adequately supported.
Beauty, Strength and Durability.
- Since 1897, Shaws of Darwen have produced sinks from the finest quality heavy duty fireclay at their factory in Lancashire, England. Renowned for their beauty and durability, a Shaws sink is made to last a lifetime.
- Handcrafted using a process unchanged for 120 years, every Shaws sink is still stamped with the name of the Master Craftsman who made it, a personal guarantee of quality.
Heavy Duty Fireclay
- Heavy duty fireclay is a blend unique to Shaws, perfected over 120 years. Shaws fireclay includes the world’s finest Devon Ball Clay, which is still mixed and poured by hand. It is up to 25% more dense than clay used by other manufacturers and takes more skill to work with. The fireclay is handcrafted into thick solid walls making each sink much heavier and more durable than thinner or hollow-wall sinks.
- The quality of the glaze and its application affects the durability of a sink. Shaws unique heavyweight glaze is blended to exacting standards of strength and gloss, and is applied by a skilled specialist to ensure an even coating.
- Two layers are applied to every Shaws sink to produce a smoother and hard-wearing glaze which is typically 2-4 times thicker than sinks made by other manufacturers.
- A Shaws sink is fired at 1200 °C for 32 hours to enable the heavy duty fireclay and glaze to fuse into one inseparable and enduring body.
Categories: All Shaws Products, Inset Undermount Sinks, Shaws Butler Sinks